The views from the trail were spectacular...the heavenly sun shined on the Columbia River Gorge and the reflection off the pure white snow was sublime. We hiked up and down the double wide trail, traversed snow-covered rock slides and sat at the foot of an un-named waterfall...I know the drama is killing you, so I'll give you the punchline...we didn't make it to the summit, but we learned some valuable lessons...1) follow the signs, 2) sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face and 3) exploration can be its own reward...we hiked in
snow at times that was knee, thigh or waist deep and it was fuuuuuun! I mean, when its 60+ degrees out, so quiet you can hear a pin drop and you have awe-inspiring views of the Columbia River Gorge, what more could one ask for!?!?!?!?
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Lessons from a Trailmaster...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment