Summer is winding down and I'm heading off for my Italian odyssey soon...I had to get one more hike in on my most "favoritist" mountain...Cooper Spur is on the NE side of Mt Hood. The trail tops out at 8,500 feet above sea level (just 2,800 feet shy of the summit...you can almost reach out and grab it!)...today it was a super highway of hikers barreling their way up and down the natural stairway...Grandma Papp always encourages me to go to church, but she never said which one. I decided (as I usually do) to spend some time in the Cathedral of the Outdoors...the pristine landscape and beauty of all things natural put me in a mood of gratitude...I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday weekend! (Pictured here: b/w pic of Mt. Hood from the top of Cooper Spur...tie in rock in the foreground).
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment