
My days in Roma are coming to an end...i have a chance at the back end of my trip to soak it up even more, but for now, its time to move on to Firenze (Florence). The last two days have been spent enjoying a different side of Roma...I walked to Trastevere, a neighborhood just south of city center, for a nice lunch at Augusta...where i met a guy from Germany (Chris) who ended his career in the culinary arts for a more satisfying endeavor...photography. Although I am a not at the caliber of Ansel Adams, Chris recommened i go check out a photo collection at Museo di Roma in Trastevere by Paolo Pellegrin...Paolo is one of the best still life photographers in the world and takes pictures that will tug on your heart strings...glad i went. After lunch I meandered (sights, sounds and crosswalks of Roma -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqB4_4dBbq4) back to my new home (Legends Hostel) where I met a fun group of people (Gorret from Holland, Charles from Montreal, Garth from South Africa, Zoya and Suna from Pakistan and Nadira from Malaysia)...we all decided to go on a pub crawl...All I can say is that it was a fun night and for some reason international audiences really dig my dancin skillz...(Pictured here: At a Gelateria in Trastevere...flavors were chocolate w-arrancia (orange) and custard...era squizito!!!). Editors note: my spelling and grammar is getting atrocious...some of it has to do with the international keyboard, but most of it is just due to brain cells dying...
No comments:
Post a Comment