My dad's last day in Ptown...the weather rolled in and put an end to our mountainous adventures...so instead we went to the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry and watched an IMAX movie called the Alps...a story of an experienced mountaineer overcoming his own fears of death by climbing the Eiger...the most treacherous mountain peak in all of Europe. It was an emotional and physical thrill ride (at least for the main character)...then we hopped down to REI - my favorite outdoors store - and bought my dad a pair of shorts and I bought my first water filter...we continued our driving adventure by visiting Fred Meyer and Trader Joes to pick up ingredients for dinner - a baked elbow macaroni caserole - next time I'll use the nutmeg like I was supposed to. We finished off our day with icecream treats from Baskin & Robbins...(pictured here: two well fed boyz with their chilled treats).
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment