Sunday, August 12, 2007

Frog Lake Camping ... a Hoppin' Good Time!


A group of friends and I camped at Frog Lake (more of a pond really) a little over a month ago. It was my first lake swim in Oregon...the bottom of the lake was a little "squishy between the toes," but it was well worth the near hypothermic conditions once I got out (I have bad circulation, what can I say)...we hiked about 10 miles, we ate s'mores (see picture) and the now famous CHOCO-RITO. This was a new invention by a fraternity bro of mine (thanks John!)...he just decided to take a plain flour tortilla (from our taco dinner), some hershey's chocolate, peanut butter and jet-puff marshmallows and bake it over the camp fire...mmm...a deluxe version of this can include sliced banana, crumbled gram crackers or even jam...see that, even in the outdoors new food inventions can be discovered...

No comments: