Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The count down to Japan...

Konnichiwa!  Translation = Hello/Good Afternoon!   I wanted to update ya'll on my status re: the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching Program).  The three most popular questions I have received and the answers (in English and some in Japanese) are:
Q1: When are you going to Japan? (Steve-san wa itsu nan Nihon ni ikimasu ka.)
A1: I am going on Saturday, August 2nd.  (Watashi wa Nihon ni hachi-gatsu futsuka ni ikimasu.)
Note: Don't try to literally translate each word from English to Japanese...it doesn't work so nicely.
Q2: Where will you be living?
A2: Hyogo-ken (ken = prefecture), but more specifically in Suzurandai about 40 minutes North of Kobe, Japan.  I have attached the symbol of Hyogo-ken (thank you Wikipedia!).
Q3:How long will you be there?
A3: My contract with the Hyogo-ken Board of Education is for 1 year, so at least 1 year.
Bonus Question
Q4: Where will you be teaching?
A4: Suzurandai Sr. High School.  My contract is with the Hyogo-ken Board of Education, but my specific day to day responsibilities will be at Suzurandai Sr. High School.
Here's some light reading on the area in which I will be living...

No comments: