
Now that I am gainfully unemployed, I am hiking a little here and a little there to spice up my domestic activities of cooking, cleaning and shopping...I'm squeezing in learning Japanese too. There is less than two weeks to go before my dad and I are plopped off at the top of Palmer Glacier (8,000 feet) and we begin our bid to Reach the Summit of Mt Hood (11,239 feet). It will be a steep climb, but one that we've done our best preparing for...Many of you have provided support...encouraging words, your culinary skills, your hard earned $$$ and much more. My dad and I will carry with us all your positive intentions to help propel us to the summit of the top of Oregon! Our summit bid will begin around 12 midnight the morning of Friday, June 20th...
Okay, enough touchy/feely stuff...here's some good ol' Trailmaster Papp pics for your viewing pleasure.
This past week, I went on three hikes - Multnomah/Wahkeena Falls (5 miles, 1500 feet in elevation gain), Angel's Rest (4.5 miles, 1500 feet elevation gain) and a snow hike on the Mt Hood Climber's Trail (4.5 miles, 2500 feet elevation gain). Click on the albums below to check out what my dad often calls...God's Country!
No comments:
Post a Comment